Our day started out by hitting the store for some grocery shopping. I had dinner planned, but in the morning I decided to change the menu to fondue. I got all the things that we needed. Then we had our normal schedule of lunch and naps. Then the girls had more friends over to play. With a long time waiting we finally had the arrival of Daddy from work. Dinner went so good. The girls had such a great time dipping chicken, broccoli(one of the two ate it and loved it), bread and potatoes into the melted, hot cheese fondue. I really enjoyed just sitting and watching them eat. If you know my girls, meals are a battle most of the time(very picky eaters). It was a very healthy interactive meal which I think they liked a lot. If any of you have any good/fun interactive recipes I would love to have them.
After dinner we exchanged our gifts. Dad was first. He recieved a framed picture of all the kids hand prints( a last minute idea).
The kids were next. Yes they each got a piggy bank for the money they get for allowance from their chores(simple things like brushing teeth, putting pajamas away, setting the table for dinner,etc). It's never too early to teach your children the importance of labor oops I meant work(something my parents taught me while young).
We also gave them a book. That's been a tradition. They get a book and we write a special little note to them from us.
I was last. I desired for one thing and it was tripled. I really wanted an hour getaway for a massage. I was given three, one hour massages for the next three months. I loved it and I'm so excited.
Over all it was a great day. Even though I'm very excited about my massages I think my most favorite thing about my day was the dinner. It was tasty and the kids were just so sweet.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Our Valentines Day!
Posted by Kristi Clinger at Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So, did you find a good recipe? I haven't made a good cheese one that I've liked yet.
Post a Comment