So Charly was opening and closing our fridge door. I asked her to stay out of the fridge and she wouldn't listen. So I started to tell her that the Refrigerator man was going to get upset with her. Here is how the conversation went:
C: Who?
Me: The refrigerator man
C: He lives in there?
Me: Yes, Who do you think turns the light on and off.
C: What does he eat?
Me: A little bit of our food. He leaves most of it for us, but he was talking to me the other day and he said that if your girls don't stop wasting food that he was going to start eating more because he's getting really hungry.
C: Are you really serious? (If you know Charly this is her famous question)
Me: Yes, I am. So you better start eating all your food so that the refrigerator man doesn't eat it all.
C: leaves the kitchen and begins to tell her sister.
Me: laughing hysterically.
I'm in the kitchen washing dishes and here comes Kenna and we begin to have the same conversation.
K: Can I see and talk to the refrigerator man.
Me: he only talks to Mommies.
K: Why.
Me: He likes Mommies.
K: Oh!
Well that was easy. Now let's see if they do better at eating all there food (mainly at breakfast). Does anyone else have any tall tales that you have told to your children that you would like to share?
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
The Refrigerator Man
Posted by Kristi Clinger at Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I haven't used one yet but my dad told me the boogie man lived in our attic so I wouldn't want to go up there. Scared the crap out of me.
Very creative! I will have to use that one. Cailyn doesn't eat well either. It is frustrating.
Mindi :)
ps I am jealous that Peirson is already about to walk. Jessica is not even crawling yet.
Post a Comment