Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sat. Aug. 8

I didn't get to post these pictures yesterday because we had a busy day. Our morning started by Eric going up in the air with Jon in his airplane at 7am. The kids and I went to our small, local airplane to greet them as they were landing. The kids loved watching and seeing all the small airplanes. They were able to get in the airplane and look around.
Here is Eric and Jon after the flight. Thank you Jon for your time and showing Eric the ropes. He loved it! Karen thank you for letting us have your husbands time on a Saturday morning. I owe you!

Eric took a picture of himself in the plane. He looks good in there with all the gear on. Maybe one day he'll own one himself.

This is better picture of the plane.

Who knew that the kids would find a plane their own size to ride in. Jon built this plane for his son, Will, when he was two.

In the evening we went to a local art gallery to see the artwork of a young lady that I love so much. She's ten years old and has a piece of art to be sold in a real gallery. It was great to go see it and support her. As we were there Pierson was in Eric's arms and he decided to touch a light bulb. Which you can see the results below.

It broke my heart. He cried all the way home in pain. We tried several things but the one thing that finally made him feel better was putting toothpaste on it. As you can tell all three fingers have blisters. Does anyone know what we do to blisters? Leave them alone? Pop them?
Please tell me that this is all part of the terrible two stage with Pierce and that all these accidents will stop or does it just get worse with boys?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow.. that looks exciting..the flying part.. if you like that sort of thing.. would kill me to get in a plane like that.. but I am glad your husband enjoyed it.. as for the little man...yes its somewhat the age.. my man at 2 put both hands on the glass front of my friends fireplace.. did that to all 10 fingers.. don't pop the blisters.. if they do put antibiotic ointment, try not to peel the skin off.. that protects it too! He will bounce back in no time, and I wish I could say it gets better.. boys.. but I don't want to scare you!!!!

Kelly Munns said...

my mom says dont pop them. poor baby! good thing kids are so resilient.

Kari said...

oh my goodness...poor guy! I know that hurts so bad! thanks so much for coming...you are the best...kiss those little fingers for me!

Karen said...

So glad he had a good time!