Thursday, January 14, 2010

Broken Hearted

This morning our house are full of broken hearted people. No one has died, however to a six year old it felt that way. To the mother and father of that six year old it felt that way.

Mackenna has been begging to do a fun after school class. She brought home a flyer letting us know which class she wanted to do: SLUMBER PARTY: THE TRI-SEQUEL with the most popular teacher of the school Mrs. Lobstein. What she doesn't know or understand is that it cost $72.40 to do this class. Mackenna has offered to pay for it with her $8.00 out of her piggy bank.

For those that have children or might have children one day does it get easier to tell your children no when you just can't do it. Not because you don't want to but you just can't. How do you talk to your children about these things? I want them to be involved to an extent but not feel the stress of it. Any suggestions from my wise friends.

As I sent my six year old off to school(which she didn't want to go-and if know Kenna she doesn't EVER want to miss school) broken hearted and on the verge of tears I too am having a hard time with this.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wouldn't life be great if we could just shelter the ones we love from hurt, however.. there are life lessons that we have to let our children experience. It isn't fun for anyone, but if you can't do it, then you can't do it. And its best to just face it, face the emotions, and she will be stronger in the end! You are doing the right thing, and she will learn that you don't get everything you want. She will be more grateful, she will get over it. Stay strong!

tina said...

I don't know you Rebecca but I could not have said it better! Hang in there sister. She will be much more prepared for life by learning these lessons.

It sounds painful as a mom to go through. :( In the words of our father..."keep your nose up."

Amanda said...

You are so sweet. I am so used to telling my kids NO that I don't feel bad one bit. You are a good mom.