Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cupcake Story....

I'm part of the baking committee at Mackenna's school. Each month we(the committee) do something for the whole staff. Last week I made some delicious cupcakes for the annual staff Birthday Celebration. I wanted to try something new so I did two different kinds. First one was a german chocolate cupcake. I decided on this because I already had all the stuff for this kind and I knew my husband liked it. I did leave a few here for him. The second kind I chose was more something for my taste buds. A butter cake recipe with strawberry cream filling with cream cheese frosting. I cheated and used a cake from a box but made from scratch the filling and frosting. They were soooo YUMMY! Yummy enough that a few days later a made more for me and the kids.
Yesterday each of us had one. We had only two with frosting and six without. Since there wasn't enough for everyone to get one with frosting all the kids got a cupcake w/o frosting. I'm thinking ahead and didn't want to hear fighting. Plus I wanted to keep the last two with frosting for me. Selfish, I know. The kids ate at the table and I ate mine in my room watching a show and cleaning. Not too long after this Pierce comes into my room with white stuff on his finger. I immediately thought I left that last cupcake with frosting on the bar. He got to it! Knowing how delicious that frosting is, I called him over and put his finger in my mouth to eat it. At that moment I rudely discovered that it wasn't frosting it was DESTIN. Butt cream!? Really !? It took everthing in me to not throw up or beat my only boy.
As I'm cleaning my mouth in my bathroom sink Pierce is laughing and saying, "bum edisin". I was looking at him like you couldn't tell me that earlier? Like before I put your finger in my mouth.
There you have it...the cupcake story!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh kristi! that is hilarious!

Tom and Audrie said...

Thanks for the laugh, I need one today! Hope the taste quickly left your mouth!

Allison said...

oh that is a great story. i loved it. we need to get that recipe up here soon so we can all partake of this frosting. i bet the teachers really appreciate those monthly treats. i know we sure love when parents spoil us rotten. sure is a nice gesture of you.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL!