Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It has been too long since I've posted something. I'm going backwards in time because I'm being lazy and I don't want to switch around the pictures.

Andersen took her first steps a few days before her birthday. She has now gotten the confidence to walk more and is trucking it all around the house. If she needs to go really fast to get away from someone then she still resorts to crawling.



I turned the AC off and opened the doors last night while the storm was coming in. Andi was letting me know that I needed to take a picture of the sky.



So here it is.



Father's day is a special day in our home. This year was a little more stressful one for me. Eric and I spoke in our church regarding the influences of fathers. I really strongly dislike public speaking and then to talk about a very special subject to me was more stressful. Eric's sister and parents volunteered to come and sit with the kids while we spoke. I stood up and immediately lost all of my emotions. I was able to share my love of the three earthly fathers that influence my life so greatly: my dad, my father-in-law and the father of my children.
After the stressful part was over we all headed back to our house and the festivities began. We had two games for the dad's to play. This year they were from the show Minute to Win it! They had one minute to pull all the tissue from a box of tissues. None of them pulled all them out but they weighed the boxes and I can't remember who was declared the winner.



The second game was that they had a minute to stack 8 nuts on top of each other off of a chopstick.



While Great Grandma Gessel was in town we took advantage by getting a family picture taken with her. We loved her visit. We miss her lots. Hoping she will return soon.



Look who has a different view in the car. Who's a big girl now?

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

love how Pierson is checkin out Andi in that last pic.. so cute..love the min. to win it idea..I am sure you talk went wonderfuly..as much as you hate to speak..the topic was dear to you and that creates a great message!! At least its done right!!! :)