Mackenna celebrated her seventh birthday recently. She decided to get her ears pierced. She was very nervous and even tried to back out of it but was brave and went through with it. She wanted to sit on my lap as they pierced her ears and I was glad to accommodate that request. I love that she knows that I'll support and comfort her. I hope you know that your dad and I will your whole life. We love you.
This past week has been Mackenna's last week as a first grader. Oh Goodness, I can't believe this school year is already over. We had a year with a great teacher and fun classmates. Mackenna started the school year with reading as her favorite subject. She's ending the year with reading and science as her favorites. I sat back all year long watching my oldest child leave the school building at 3:45 chasing this cute little boy, Lucas. The funny thing is that his name is Luke and he's never been called Lucas. Mackenna is the only one that calls him that and he only lets her call him that.
Mackenna started to learn to listen to her body more this year. She's told us and her teacher abundantly about being tired, stomach hurting, head aches and heart hearting. After months full of these different complaints and becoming a frequent visitor of the nurse we had blood work done with her pediatrician and her TSH levels came back elevated. We don't know more than that. We're waiting for our visit with the pediatric endocrinologist to find out more information. We hope that she continues to get to know her body and recognize when something doesn't feel right.
Mackenna we love you we're so grateful that you're part of our family.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Mackenna Mania!!
Posted by Kristi Clinger at Thursday, June 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
glad she made it through first grade.. on to 2nd..what a big girl.. as for her elevated tsh levels ..that would explain her being tired.. way to listen and figure out whats going on.. hopefully it can all be resolved easily!!
LOL I just showed Callie and she said ahh no fair. She has been trying to get her peirced for ever, but can not get her daddy to let her do so. Hopefully you TSH will be resolved.
Post a Comment