The Friday before Thanksgiving my sweet Mackenna got sick with a fever. The next day my Andi got sick with the same fever. They both ran a high grade fever for 5 days. The highest the fever got was 105 which scared the living day lights out of us. Luckily medicine and cool baths took that down very quickly. Tuesday before Thanksgiving my little boy, Pierson got sick with a fever. I take the kids to see the pediatrician and they had something that started viral and turned bacterial. We got antibiotics for everyone. The day before Thanksgiving Mackenna and Andi were fever free but not Pierson. Needless to say our Thanksgiving plans had to be changed. We planned on going to one of my sister's house to eat. With three contagious peeps we stayed home and I won't lie I was HAPPY! I got to do what I love most, COOK/BAKE! I cooked a very small turkey with all the fixings. I had Eric's help when needed and I loved it! I think our new family tradition is Thanksgiving at home.
Usually we're with lots of family and so it's busy and loud. We don't get to verbally express our thanksgivings to one another. Not this year! We wrote each child an expression or our gratitude to them. We also went around the table to express more blessing in our lives.
I look forward to carrying this tradition on.......without sick children of course.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
New Tradition....with a story along with it!
Posted by Kristi Clinger at Thursday, December 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
way to turn a sad situation to a good one!!!!! Love family traditions.. I love being home and cooking it myself too!!!
I'm sorry your kids were so sick, but what a lovely way to spend Thanksgiving. I actually prefer just being at home with the immediate family on Thanksgiving. It's so intimidate, comfortable and nice. You don't have of the stress!
I know we didn't get to talk, but I loved seeing you and the kids at the Martinez baptism. I just think your kids are so cute!!
I'm glad your kids are feeling better. Yes, I agree and intimate, quiet Thanksgiving is what we do. We go out to eat, though. No cooking for us on that day :)
https://www.cekaja.com/info/startup-yang-tumbuh-pesat-saat-pandemi
Post a Comment