Eric got to enjoy his first of many father and son camp outs with Pierce this past weekend! I can say that we need to do things a little different next time. Like put closed toe shoes on the boy. Send him a pair of pants and sweater for the morning. Nonetheless, Pierce LOVED it. They each had two full hot dogs and sat around the campfire.
They called it a night early and headed to the tent. Pierce said that they told scary stories, played with flashlights and snuggled.
In the morning he got to go fishing with daddy as well. They caught three fishes and released them all. I can't count how many times I heard Pierce thank his daddy for taking him camping. I'm excited to know that this is one of many special times for them two to spend together.
As the boy were off playing my three girls and I had our own little fun. We went to dinner, bought a new game to play, went to get pedicures and watched a movie. I think the pedicure thing will be a yearly tradition. The two older girls sat in special kid chairs. I sat diagonally from them so we could see/talk to one another. They were in their own little world talking and singing together. I loved seeing that. Across from me sat two older ladies that were listening to my girls and were grinning from ear to ear. Just from looking I could tell that were sisters. All I could think about is how I hope my girls continue to do this together when they get older. Andi sat with me and she too got her own little toes done. The ladies at the shop were in love with her. I love my girls and I was grateful for a little girl time! (sorry no picture from us since the boys had the camera and my phone was dead)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Father/Son-Mother/Daughter Weekend
Posted by Kristi Clinger at Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment