So this morning I thought that I was doing so good. I got out early to do some shopping with my three kids. I was cleaning around my house and then I get the call. "Where are you?"
Yes, you know it, I forgot something.
I was suppose to take Mackenna to visit her old preschool in Mckinney. Meanwhile Charly, Pierce, and I were going to be at my friends Sheri's playing with her daughter. Well, Sheri is the one that called asking where I was. I totally forgot about this event on my calendar today. Once Mackenna heard about what Mom forgot the tears began. I felt so bad and I began to cry. I heartfeltly apologized for my dumbness. Once she calmed down she told me that she missed her teacher. She hugged me and told me that she knows that she'll go again. Not an ounce of resentment or anything. Sure she was sad for a moment, but accepted my faults and forgave them quickly. One of my many weekly lessons "...becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love...". I'm a very imperfect person, however I'm very blessed to have a husband and children that are forgiving. They don't hold grudges or throw things back at me. They see me for my strengths and not my weaknesses.
Friday, April 4, 2008
A Child's Love!
Posted by Kristi Clinger at Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so glad my kids forget my weaknesses and remember that I always love them when I mess things up.
You are an awesome mother! Don't ever forget that!
It is so true!! We need little kids to remind us of these things every once in a while. What a sweet little girl you have!
I love how my children teach me more than I could really ever teach them. Awesome!
Mindi :)
Great story. The best part is you've documented it and can refer back to it when the kids are teenagers and might just tell you they "hate you"!
don't we all forget things???? Especially when there is so much going on...I am so quilty of that!!! Your awesome!
You are such a great mom and you have amazing kids who love you!!!! I am getting so bad at remembering things! I put it all on the calendar, but now I forget to look at the calendar! I do love how kids are so forgiving! And I miss your kids! My Makenna sees pics of your Mackenna and always asks me about her. I wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment