Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yeah For Kindergarten!!

Kenna woke up so excited for Kindergarten. She couldn't wait to go. This is Kenna in her new pink, puffy shirt (as she calls it). She picked it out for her first day of school.



On our way to class we stopped to meet the principal, Mrs. Hanks. She always stands in front of the big clock on the wall to greet the kids. She had to have her chance to touch the soft pink shirt.



Kenna's teacher Miss Eldridge was there to greet her and to help her hang her backpack up.



Kenna sitting at her desk. She shares a table with five other kids. She was super excited to see her name and supply box. There was a paper waiting for her to color until class was to begin.



After dropping her off to class we went to the cafeteria for two reasons. One to put money on her lunch card (just in case she buys her lunch or I forget to give her something to drink she can purchase what she needs). UH-OH her first credit card. :)
Also to be at the tears and cheers party the PTO throws for all the kindergarten parents. At the door was this cute little gift they were handing out. I teared up a little reading it. I teared up one more time while Pierce and Charly were eating muffins and fresh fruit in the cafeteria.



I went to pick her up from school and the carpool lane was outrageous. I'm told that it will get better though. Mackenna was beaming and bubbly. She said that she had a great day. The things that she noted to me was:
I like my teacher.
I made one friend.
I got to play outside.
I went to art.
We had story time.
and I didn't even have to go to the Principal's office (I guess she knows this is where you go if you're bad).

Eric and I are so happy for Mackenna. We love her and always want the best for her. All we can report is that our first day was a success at school and at home. Charly did great and can't wait for her first day of preschool (more on that next week).

9 comments:

Jana said...

How exciting! Congratulations, Mackenna!

Kimbo said...

This is so great! I love the newness of everything that little kids see. Reading this brought back all of my memories of getting ready for school and how fun that was. I'm so proud of little Mackenna and of Mom too!!!

Christine said...

Wahoo for Mackenna!! You look so cute and sooooo happy! Glad that you had a great first day of kindergarten!! Wish that our kindergarten was all day!!!! Way to go, mom, for making it through, too!!

tina said...

Go Kenna! She looks so cute, sister. I can't believe you didn't cry. I am such a baby. Tears just streamed my face as I read the little quote they gave you.

I will be a complete wreck the day Sophia goes to school.

The Jackman Family said...

I can't believe she's in Kindergarden! That is so awesome :) tell the girls hi for me!

Rebecca said...

Wow.. big step for Mackenna!!! OH ya.. and you too!! :)

a said...

awww your kids are growing up!!!! mackenna looks so cute!

Justin and Stacey said...

Wow! I can't believe she is in kindergarten! She is so adorable and growing up so fast!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

How exciting Kristi! She sure looks ready for school. And he hair is so dang cute! This is a big day for you Kristi! Woohoo!! Or should I say boohoo?? haha.