Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Six Years Ago Today!

I can't believe it's been six years since this beautiful, little girl has joined our family. I vividly remember heading to the hospital bright and early to be induced after my due date. The waiting room was filled with family and friends all anxiously awaiting to meet our beautiful girl. We loved her before meeting her and love her even more now that we know her so well.



This past year has been filled with tons of new adventures for Mackenna. She has completed her first year in public school (I don't know if that's a good or bad thing). She has mastered riding a bike without training wheels. She is getting to become a stronger swimmer. She has learned to read. This little girl is so sweet and has a love for life. She has definitely found her attitude which can get her in to trouble.



Last night we put her to bed at her usual time, however, she had such a hard time getting to sleep because she was so excited about today. She woke up saying, "This is going to be the best birthday ever!". She woke up to balloons and the birthday banner up. She got served one of her favorite breakfasts(conference cake). She opened up her first present which was her birthday shirt to wear to school. The kids and I are going up to school to have lunch with her. We will also be taking a treat for Kenna to share with her class. She asked for fudge pops. We're going to have a small family birthday party for her tonight. Then on Saturday she'll have a swimming party with her friends from school. Then that evening Grandma & Grandpa Clinger will be coming out to celebrate both Kenna and Pierce's b-day(his is next week).

Mackenna continues to be a great example to her family. We love her and look forward to this next year with her.

3 comments:

Eric said...

Holy cow! You have a 6 year old! Happy Birthday! She's a cutie!

Robynn said...

Happy Happy Six Year Old Birthday Mackenna! You are one of my most favorite Six Year olds. I love you and your wonderful family. Have an extra special day. I'm thinking about you!
SLY
Sister T.O.

Rebecca said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!