Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our Story.....

Thursday night I was running a 102.? fever and having some lower abdominal pain. Following my doctor's orders we were able to get the fever to go down by taking tylenol and a cool bath. The next day, Friday, I ran a low grade fever most of the day while not on tylenol. That evening it spiked back up to 103.?. We called the doctor again(this time it was an on call doctor for my doctor- he was covering this weekend) and after explaining my symptoms he told me that I need to go to the hospital, be monitored and have some tests run.
I got settled in my bed and they immediately put me on an IV for fluids and then shortly after I was given three antibiotics back to back. They drew my blood and did some urine tests and they all came back positive for an infection in the ambiotic fluid. Both mine and the baby's heart rates were elevated so the baby needed to be delivered quickly. We would have started patocine if I was dilated any but I wasn't so the only option was for this little person was to enter this world via c-section.

Hence the picture of the double doors of where I was wheeled off to.



This is my husband waiting to come back with me. Taking a picture of himself.



Making her debut into this world and straight to the NICU is:

ANDERSEN "ANDI" LYNN CLINGER
7LBS 3.4OZ 19 1/4IN

She came out with the cord wrapped around her neck once and having a hard time breathing. It was very hard for me personally to not hold my baby immediately after having her. I got to touch her soft, little cheek once before they took her off to the NICU. She was given oxygen and several antibiotics since I had an infection. She responded great to it all and I was able to have her back in my room Sunday morning.



She's a beautiful little girl that we're excited to see grow and develop with her own personality. She entered this world with quite the story and I'm sure she'll write her own as she gets bigger.


18 comments:

Clinesville said...

Congratulations!!!! What a scary entrance into the world but I'm so glad that everything is ok!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations.. she is beautiful.. which is no surprise.. you make beautiful babies!! Glad she made it here safe and sound!!!

Eric said...

So glad she's okay. She is so stinkin' cute! Congratulations Clingers!!

Tom and Audrie said...

Congratulations!!! She looks so much like your other kids. I'm glad that you are both okay and hopefully things will go on a little smoother from here.

Stephanie said...

So beautiful! What an entrance! Hopefully that's all the drama she'll bring to your family for awhile! Congratulations to the whole Clinger Clan!

Kelly Munns said...

look at that hair! and those chubby cheeks! what a cute little baby girl. congratulations and i'm glad everyone is well. aren't babies so resilient?

The Sabins said...

Congrats to you guys!! beautiful baby...and what an adorable name. hope you are feeling better!

Kimbo said...

Yay!!! We're so excited for you guys. Love love love the name. She is so pretty. Love her chubby little cheeks at the moment. 7 plus pounds seems like a lot for your tiny little frame. I can't wait to see more pics these first few weeks. I love little newborns! Hope the whole clan is doing well with the new sibling. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats. She is very cute! Hope you are recoving from your c-section well.

Amy said...

Congrats! I love her fuzzy hair!

Steve & Michelle said...

What a cutie! I can't wait to see her and give her kisses on top of all that precious hair! She is adorable. I am glad to hear that all turned out ok. You have a BEAUTIFUL daughter! Congratulations.

Mare said...

Congrats on the beautiful baby girl. Those crazy beginnings to life certainly make things interesting don't they (i completely understand 2 times over) but having your baby back with you means so very much! So congrats and I know that baby has come to the most wonderful family and will have the best life with you as her mom!

Robynn said...

Congratulations Clinger Family! You have a gorgeous new baby girl. What fun to have 3 little girls and one sweet boy. You done good! So glad she's here and you are feeling better. We are thrilled for you!
SLY
Sister T.O.

Justin said...

She is so beautiful!! It makes me so excited to have my little baby here! I'm glad everything went okay. What would we do without modern medicine and all the wonderful things they can do for these babies? Congratulations!

~Stacey

Jenni said...

You guys! he is gorgeous and what a little story. It's really hard not to be able to hold them immediatly. Congrats and I wish I was there to offer some help or a fun meal like you provided for us when Payton was born. Fun news! Thanks!

Jeni said...

Such a pretty baby! I can't wait to come see her. So happy for you guys :)

Christine said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful!! I'm so glad that you both are ok!!! I cannot wait to meet her in Sept. Love you!

TJ said...

Okay, I know I am so slow on this, but congratulations on little Andi. I LOVE her name! So cute. Hope everything is going well, and again, I'm sorry I am just now saying hi and congratulations! :)