Thursday, June 18, 2009

You would think having a new baby would be eventful enough for one family in one weeks time, but not for the Clinger family. Charlize had to come down with strep throat. She is recovering great with her antibiotics.
We can't stop there though. Let's finish the week off with a trip to the Emergency room. Eric is on his way without me to the ER with Pierson. Yes, his second trip to the ER in his two years of life. I'm having a very hard time not being there with him. Eric didn't want me to take a newborn to the ER. I also can't carry Pierson or the baby in the carseat (due to my c-section) so I wouldn't be much help.
He was running down the hallway to go get in the bath and fell right into the door frame. He hit his head straight on and spilt his little head open. Luckily Grandma was close enough to swoop him up for us to get him bandage. I was the next one closest and I would have been right with Pierce at the ER getting my incision sight fixed because I would have picked him up.
I'm so grateful for modern medicine. I hope that the hospital is good to my baby.

Below is a picture of Pierce before leaving for the hospital.



We're gonna have to take out extra insurance for this kid. No wonder we only have one boy!

6 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

ooh! what a sad little face! i feel for you. it'd be the hardest thing for me if i couldn't be with him. but i bet he'll be just fine and you'll be glad you didn't have to stress about it in front of him. moms never stop worrying though, right?! well congrats on your gorgeous little girl...i hope your other gorgeous girl gets better and that pierson is a big boy and feels better soon!

diana said...

Oh poor baby!!! Dang Kristi, can you keep the drama down for a few days!?!? :)
I hope everyone gets better soon.

Karen said...

First of all - Congratulations on the new arrival! I bet you are all so happy!

Secondly, I hope Pierson gets all better and Mom can relax very soon.

Rethsey said...

Congrats on your new addition she is absolutely beautiful! I love seeing Sis. Clinger it most be so wonderful to have around! I hope next week is a bit less eventful!

Rebecca said...

poor baby.. and the look on Grandmas face says it all.. it never ends with boys!!! :)

Kimbo said...

Gail's face looks so funny in that pic! Wow the kids are trying to get mom's attention in any way they can. Hope things calm down this next week.