Eric was able to bless the newest addition of our family Andersen Lynn Clinger today at church. It was a neat little birthday present for him to do it today. We had several family and friends join us for this sweet occasion. Afterwards, several family and friends joined us at our house for lunch. There we celebrated Eric's birthday. We had such a nice spread of food that no one left hungry.
Below are all the men that stood in the circle to bless Andersen.
The proud Daddy with his baby Andi.
This is Andersen with her Great Grandmother Throckmorton (my dad's mom). She said the funniest thing to me today. We all just ate lunch and people were starting to dig into the dessert table (which was all filled with chocolate stuff- Eric's favorite). Here's our conversation:
Me: Have you had any cake yet?
G: What kind is it?
Me: German Chocolate
G: Silently scoots her chair back and goes gets a piece.
A little time passes and I go by to see if she liked the cake.
G: It was good, but now I need to go exercise. You could use some exercising too.
Me: I just had a baby 7 weeks ago Grandma.
And nothing. I was laughing but shocked. My friends were laughing but didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to say. I'm glad that I arranged to start working out this next week. I evidently need it.
I love this photo of her cute feet.
It was a great day filled with family and friends. We're grateful for all those that came today and for those that couldn't because of prior obligations or distance. Our family loves and appreciates you.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Posted by Kristi Clinger at Sunday, August 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Love this post. She looks so pretty in her white dress. Did your other girls wear this too? I love that pic of all the men and what a funny story from your great grandma. I think you look great. Can I look like you after having four kids? What a great day!!!
Post a Comment