Friday, January 22, 2010

A FUN DATE NIGHT AT HOME!!

Eric has been working late and a lot weekends so we've had little time with one another. This past weekend I planned a stay at home date night for him. He wasn't in the mood to go or do anything. He just wanted to stay home. This thing that I was planning was intriguing but nerve wracking to me. I was excited because it was something very different for me and way out of my comfort zone.
I went to the local grocery store and got some water crackers, fresh baguette bread, salami, fresh fruit and four different types of cheeses. We had a cheese tasting night. Eric was always the first to try the cheeses.

Now for the cheeses!

From left to right: A type of Brie, a Gouda, a cranberry chiptole cheddar, and a 30year aged Swiss.



The Swiss was my least favorite. We absoutetly loved the other three. The next day(Sunday) after church the kids tried them all as well. We've decided that we'll do this again one day.

Do any of you have suggestion for anymore at home date nights (other than a movie)?

2 comments:

a said...

Hey Kristi- My sister in law featured this blog on her blog a couple of weeks ago. It's loveactuallyblog.blogspot.com. There are lots of ideas for dates at home and inexpensive dates too. Check it out, it might give you some fun ideas.

Kimbo said...

This is such a cute idea. I love it. Our favorite is to make a fort out of blankets and pillows then watching a movie and eating homemade pizza we've made together. Actually we haven't done this in some time so maybe we'll have to do it soon...Thanks for the idea and this time we'll add cheese tasting too!