It has been a long two weeks but I think it's safe to say that our family has survived the move from Plano to McKinney. We're very grateful for our nice, big home. There is such a different feeling in this home than we've ever had in that tiny apartment. When I say feeling I'm so happy for the freedoms that have come with all this new space that we have. I'm no longer having to yell at the girls for running or being at my feet in the kitchen.
Our time started off with sending our kids to my Mom's so that we could get some painting done. We had a great friend (Rebecca-I owe you!) that helped out with the kids before we shipped them off to my in-laws so we could finish with the painting and packing. All I can say is that we're paying someone next time to paint. It's hard work. The color turned out great. We LOVE it! We weren't the best at the trim work (we chose to tape off everything and it leaked in several places), however Eric and I really enjoyed the time together. We were very unsuccessful at recruiting help with painting (except for my father-in-law helped while the guys set up the trampoline), but we got it done. It's a great feeling to know that we did it. It helps us have more appreciation for it. After all the painting we had the movers come and we had everything over to the new home in four hours. We spent all Friday afternoon and Sat. morning getting as much as of the house ready for the kids to come home around lunch time on Saturday. The girls asked for two things for their new home. They wanted a pink room and a trampoline. Ofcourse their requests were granted. They got one pink room and they loved it. Almost every morning they wake up saying that they slept like princesses in their new pink room. I can't wait until we have an open house to show it off soon. It has been fun to show it off to the family and friends that have made time to come by. We appreciate you all for your support.
Monday, May 26, 2008
We've survived....
Posted by Kristi Clinger at Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I really am so excited for you. I wish that I could see your new home in person, but until then you will need to put some pictures on your blog!!! I'm sure the girls are so excited for their pink room. How fun!
Post a Comment