Friday, April 3, 2009

Belated April Fool's Day

On Wednesday at dinner we talked with the girls about April Fool's Day. What people do on this day, etc. We didn't play any jokes or pranks on them (I know that this is surprising when I have Eric in my home).
Last night the kids and I were having dinner without Eric, because he had to work a little late. I made a pasta salad that consists of noodles, chunks of ham, celery, cheese and a mayonnaise/mustard sauce. It's not the girls favorite thing and if you know Mackenna shes absolutely positive that she doesn't like celery(which she hasn't and won't try). I told them they had to eat everything if they wanted dessert which was this most delicious cinnamon/sugar bundt cake(it's very moist and delicious). So they did, except Mackenna didn't eat her celery.

Belated April Fool's Joke

Eric called to say that he was on his way home and Mackenna answered the phone. Here's how the conversation went (somewhat):

M: Hey Dad, Guess what?
D: What?
M: I ate all my pasta salad for dinner?
D: Did you eat the celery?
M: No.
D: Did you eat the ham?
M: Yes.
D: That's great!
M: Hey, Dad?
D: Yeah?
M: I actually did eat my celery.
D: Really? Good for you.
M: April Fools!
D: AAAHHHH!
Both: (Laugh)

Eric got home and I asked him so did you fall for it? He looked at me and said, "yes". I just laughed and thought it was cute that Mackenna caught him in a joke. The girls try often but are usually not successful. It made Mackenna's evening.

1 comments:

The Hafen Family said...

Gotta love April Fools. Actually, it always makes me a little nervous, somebody is going to "get me". Congrats on Baby #4 and an even bigger congrats to not finding out what you are having. You are brave!!